An ident is a short sequence mainly on television which identifies the channel, usually with their logo. The idents that I have looked at are predominately from British television channels.
The BBC 1 ident’s main feature is the circular shapes around the text. The ident is likely to be circular so it does not seem threatening.
The BBC 2 ident’s main feature is the shape of the number two cut out.
The ITV 1 ident’s main feature is the colour yellow. They likely use one colour so when people flick through channels they’ll know when they see yellow it’ll be ITV 1.
The Channel 4 ident’s main feature is creating a pattern within the environment, which I think works really well.
Here are some ideas for my title sequence which I will be creating for my video project. The sequence will feature my name interacting with objects which relate to my hobbies or my personality. These are my ideas:
- My name firing out of a gun, or bullets destroying my name with bullet holes left behind.
- My name being hit with drum sticks on the kit and bouncing around.
- My name on a tombstone and falls backwards.
- My name vibrating and moving about because of a guitar amp.
- My name on a guitar pick and plays a song.
- My name in the shape of a guitar and moves about. I may use a different instrument or multiple.
- My name appears as footprints as people pass by.
- My name crumbles like a falling down house.
- My name appears on multiple doors and windows as they open. Each individual letter of my name will appear on them.