These are my developed photographs which followed the style of expressionism, with graffiti, and pattern and symmetry in manmade objects.
This photograph is of some graffiti I found on the college grounds. I took this because it looks very expressive and interesting. I think the photograph turned out well. I think I exposed it for the right amount of time.
This photograph is of some graffiti I found. I like its central composition and also the lines around the image but I think it was not in focus when I took the image.
This photo is of an arrow road sign. I took it as I was looking for symmetrical manmade objects. I like the long exposure to this image.
This is another photo of graffiti I found at college which has an interesting symmetrical composition. I really like the lighting to the right and the darkness. It makes the graffiti look like a balance between good and bad.
This image tells you what to think which is what I like about it. I took this photo of a tree because it particularly captured my interest. It made me think that was what the tree was thinking. This is probably my favourite photograph as the exposure is perfect.
This photo is of a crossing grid which follows my idea of pattern and symmetry in manmade objects. The photo was slightly exposed, but I still think it follows my idea quite well.
I captured this photo of a wall with bits of dried paint on it. This photo is more of an experiment, however the focus and exposure is brilliant.
This photograph is of the same crossing grid, but I used a different technique of development. The splashed brush marks create a very textured photo.
All the photos were developed very similar. I used the number 3 frame and put the enlarger on 52. The red filter was between 6.5 – 8. The photographic paper was exposed for 8.5 seconds after doing a test with different exposures.
The photo above shows the different exposures. The left part was exposed for 3 seconds, the middle for 6 seconds and the right for 12 seconds. I then followed the same steps as I did with the photograms. I put a photo in the developer for 2 minutes, the fixative for 10 seconds and the stopper for 6 minutes. Then in water for 4 minutes. After the 4 minutes I used the squeegee to clean any remains of developer or stopper. For my last photograph, I followed a closely related process, but instead of placing the photos in the liquid, I used a brush with developer liquid and put the photo in the stopper and finally the water.